Take a moment to find out!
Choosing a veterinarian for your family member is not an easy task. Our veterinarians constantly go to professional seminars, continuing education and specialty training, so they can use their knowledge to maintain your pets’ health and extend their lives.
We are committed to provide our patients with excellent veterinary services and the best diagnostic equipment for only one purpose – keep our pets healthy and happy.
Performing these services here in our hospital allows us to quickly and accurately assess your pet’s treatment needs.
Our in-hospital services include:
Digital X-Ray & Dental Digital X-Ray: Our digital x-ray equipment and video imaging are fundamental parts of our hospital, and used in treatment plans for dental care, surgery, and internal medicine. Similar to human medicine, these diagnostic tools provide us with a high image quality and speed, that our patients appreciate the most.
Diagnostic Ultrasound: Diagnostic ultrasound (also known as diagnostic ultrasonography) is a special imaging technique based on high frequency sound waves that go through human tissue and bounce back to the computer in the image form. If needed, diagnostic ultrasound usually performed by a Mobile Vet Ultrasound Services, that come directly to our hospital where you and your pet will feel more comfortable.
ECG (Electrocardiogram): Some animals are predisposed to an increased risk of heart problems and should be screened for these abnormalities. Heart problems are first diagnosed by the doctor listening to your pet’s heart, and according to doctor findings an ECG test may be prescribed. If your pet’s ECG indicates an abnormality, we will discuss with you the options for treatment.
Therapeutic Laser: At Cahuenga Veterinary Hospital we use MLS Harmony Therapy Laser quite often. It reduces inflammation, increases mobility, helps with chronic and acute pain, and repairing superficial lesions. As a result, laser therapy provides the benefit clients will appreciate the most: a quicker recovery for their pet.
In-House Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory is a very essential diagnostic tool which helps us to diagnose and monitor your pet’s health. Also, we are partnered with IDEXX – one of the finest animal diagnostic laboratories in the country. Most of the routine lab work, such as Pre-op Blood Screening, Routine Blood, Urine, and Fecal Testing are done in-house laboratory, but more extensive lab work will be sent to IDEXX lab to analyze your pet’s fluid or tissue samples. We are dedicated to offer complete and precise tests to aid in the diagnosis of your pet’s health problem.
In-House Pet Pharmacy: It’s very important that your veterinarian has a complete supply of all medications commonly used in veterinary medicine. At Cahuenga Veterinary Hospital we have a fully equipped in-house pharmacy; this allows you to take your pet’s medication home after your appointment. When you need a refill on a prescription for your pet, you can call our front desk at 323-462-0660 or make a Refill Request. We will notify you when your pet’s medication is ready for pick up. We want you to have healthy pets!
Fill out our Registration Form if you want to come and meet with us, or if you still have questions, please give us a call at 323-462-0660 or email us, and we will try to help you to find out why Cahuenga Veterinary Hospital is the right choice for you and your pet.
Additional Diagnostic services available in-house include:
- Cytology – for cellular assessment of lumps, ears, skin
- Fecal exams – to look for intestinal parasites
- Blood work – to assess organ function and to identify diseases
- Urinalysis – to detect problems such as urinary-tract infections and kidney disease
- Blood Pressure – part of the circulatory system assessment
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) – records any abnormalities with the electrical activity of the heart
- Digital x-ray – captures images of bones, organs, joints, and soft tissue.
- Digital dental x-ray – gains an overall picture of oral health especially below the gum line which represents 2/3 of the tooth
- Ultrasound – can provided a more detailed assessment of organs and their surroundings
We also work closely with several reference laboratories for specialized testing. Our send out diagnostics include:
- Biopsy – for tissue identification
- Blood work – blood can be sent out to gain a more specialized assessment of certain body functions
- Urinalysis – urine can also be sent out to gain a more detailed picture of the urinary system
- Endocrine studies – tests for Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, and diabetes
- Stone analysis – examines what a bladder stone is composed of
- Allergy testing – to identify sensitivities to allergens
- And more…
Fill out our Registration Form if you want to come and meet with us, or if you still have questions, please give us a call at 323-462-0660 or contact us online, and we will try to help you to find out why Cahuenga Veterinary Hospital is the right choice for you and your pet.